Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX 1800 is an amorphous copolyester specifically developed for blow molding and profile extrusion applications. Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX1800 may be used in repeated use food contact articles under the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
Tritan is a new-generation clear plastic with excellent toughness and impact resistance. It is virtually unbreakable. Unlike some plastics, Tritan is made without bisphenol-A (BPA), and it retains clarity after repeated dishwasher washing cycles, without hazing or cracking. That makes bottles made with BPA-free Tritan more than reusable; it makes them a great sustainable alternative to a market looking to reduce landfill use.
With its unmatched clarity and durability, Tritan makes a lot of products in many markets better. Tritan copolyester is fast becoming the tubing material of choice over polycarbonate and other alternatives such as polypropylene, styrenes, and acrylics.
Tritan tubing’s other sustainable advantages include:
- A favorable lifecycle assessment compared to other materials
- The opportunity to use less packaging than required with glass
- Reduced energy used in shipping because it’s much lighter than glass
- Other light-weighting efficiencies
- FDA-approved for food contact
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 51 for food equipment materials
- BPA and BPS-free
- Resistant to discoloration
- Glass-like clarity
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Dishwasher durability
- Unique sound damping properties compared with polycarbonate, glass, styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) copolymers, and acrylics.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Strong chemical resistance
- Strong heat resistance
- Does not impart any taste to the contents
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®