Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX 1800 is an amorphous copolyester specifically developed for blow molding and profile extrusion applications. Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester TX1800 may be used in repeated use food contact articles under the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
Tritan is a new-generation clear plastic with excellent toughness and impact resistance. It is virtually unbreakable. Unlike some plastics, Tritan is made without bisphenol-A (BPA), and it retains clarity after repeated dishwasher washing cycles, without hazing or cracking. That makes bottles made with BPA-free Tritan more than reusable; it makes them a great sustainable alternative to a market looking to reduce landfill use.
With its unmatched clarity and durability, Tritan makes a lot of products in many markets better. Eastman Tritan™copolyester is fast becoming the material of choice over polycarbonate and other alternatives such as polypropylene, styrenes, and acrylics.
Tritan’s other sustainable advantages include:
- A favorable lifecycle assessment compared to other materials
- The opportunity to use less packaging than required with glass
- Reduced energy used in shipping because it’s much lighter than glass
- Other light-weighting efficiencies
- FDA-approved for food contact
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 51 for food equipment materials
- BPA and BPS-free
- Resistant to discoloration
- Glass-like clarity
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Dishwasher durability
- Unique sound damping properties compared with polycarbonate, glass, styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) copolymers, and acrylics.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Strong chemical resistance
- Strong heat resistance
- Does not impart any taste to the contents
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®