FDA Approved Butyrate
Under regulations administered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), various grades of Eastman cellulosic products may lawfully be used in food contact applications. These FDA approved tubing products are manufactured, stored, handled, and transported under conditions adhering to 21 CFR 174.5 on general provisions applicable to indirect food additives (i.e., current good manufacturing practices for food contact substances).
Tenite™ Cellulose Acetate Butyrate 264-10 has a plasticizer level of 10%. It meets FDA requirements for certain food-contact applications when supplied in specific FDA color numbers.
Our FDA approved butyrate tubing is also noted for the same excellent balance of properties – toughness, hardness, strength, surface gloss, clarity, and a warm feel.
- Formula 264 – base; complies with FDA food contact regulations when supplied in FDA color numbers.
- Proven UV Stability
- Long Term Weather resistance
- High Impact Resistance
- Strong Chemical Resistance
- Unlimited Color Ability
- The ability to be efficiently foil stamped or silkscreened
- Easy to fabricate and machine
- Manufactured from a renewable resource